Fairy Tail: Expanding Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Under Construction 8.6.22
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 1:53 pm by Silver Wolf

» erzila Packs w.i.p
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 4:53 pm by erzlia packs

» Always be wary of being Watched
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 1:17 pm by Ami~

» Kaido Kannagi (WIP)
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:12 pm by Kaido Kannagi

» test
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:39 pm by Kaido Kannagi

» The Official Face Claim List
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:35 pm by Kaido Kannagi

» The Watcher (WIP)
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 8:47 am by TheWatcher

» The bard appears from the shadows.
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:42 am by Jinn Garay

» Skrím Ungur
The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 am by Skrím Ungur

The Owner
Silver Wolf

Administrators
AmiiKitty PrydeRoland Gates

Moderators
Tatsumi YamatoZerina Zayne

Feel Free to Join!

Guests : 0
Hidden : 0
Users Online :
Refresh View the whole list

The Nemean Crisis (S-rank)

Roland Gates
    Roland Gates

The Nemean Crisis (S-rank) Empty The Nemean Crisis (S-rank)

Post by Roland Gates Thu Apr 07, 2016 1:53 pm

Name of Job: The Nemean Crisis
    Rank of Job: S
    Repeatable: No
    Guild: Any willing to assist

Description:

So here's how it is: For reasons unknown a ship docked at Magnolia in possession of a strange large metal crate not accounted for in any papers. No one had a clue of what could possibly be inside and so they attempted to open it up to no avail. Eventually they simply assumed it must be magically sealed and dropped the crate in one of the many storehouses, intending to file a job request to a mage guild the very next morning. Now here's where strange gets stranger as it seems the box was opened. Whether it was coincidence or planned, whether intentional or not the crate was never the less opened. Nobody knew that at the time though as confusion rose together with the contents of the crate. They say a scream was heard only to die out seconds later. Then it just kept happening over and over until people started to empty the streets in escape of whatever it was. The survivors speak of eyes glowing in the dark, large creatures stalking outside and pulling the sullied corpses of their prey down the streets by their teeth towards the harbor. In due time the town's security force managed to gain just enough ground to isolate the district but now none dares enter and there's no telling if there's any survivors left to speak off past the barricades.

Being safely behind the barricades the soldiers could safely observe the creatures, large felines with seemingly impenetrable hides seeing as the guards has had no luck in their attempts of fighting the creatures. The big ones being very vicious and territorial, laying low as long as no one treads in their newly gained territory. Having heard all this I believe I know just what sort of creature we're dealing with though it would seem unlikely to say the least. I'm convinced that we're dealing with a flock of "Nemean Lions", legendary beasts which existence are but mentioned in the oldest tomes by those who bore knowledge of the old world. In other words: we're dealing with creatures that shouldn't exist in our realm to begin with. I can only speculate why and how these creature let alone a whole flock could have survived the old world nor how they ended up on that ship but such questions must be set aside for now. What's important is that these creatures were considered highly dangerous even by pre-world hero standards and extremely protective once they establish their territory. They could live in huge packs with as much as a hundred members if given the opportunity. I doubt our current problem poses such numbers considering the size of a territory they've settled for but I expect there will be many still.

With the intel collected by the forces stationed in the area and some of the tomes in my possession I believe I should be able to provide you with a good enough idea of what to expect once you're in there. From what I can tell there is a so called "Alpha" among them. This one is appearently gargantuan compared to the rest and defeating it should at the very least scatter the flock and make it far easier to pacify the area.

Do note that while this needs to be dealt with urgently I do not wish for the extinction of these creatures. From what I can tell the cubs made for excellent pets and companions in the old world if caught at a young enough age. It would after all be a shame to see such a magnificent species go extinct a second time.

That is all I can tell you for now, take your time and make sure you're prepared. As things stand the lions will stay docile as long as no one attempts to breach the barricade.

Sincerely: The Concerned Arcanist

Enemies:

Nemean Cub (D-rank)

These cubs are outright adorable, being the size of ordinary kittens and barely making for a threat towards anybody. At most you might see them try to swipe their claws at your feet or jump to dig their small teeth into your leg and even then it wouldn't do much more than sting. These cubs makes for the definition of scaredy cats and even looking at them wrong might send them running. The one problem these cubs might pose is that there's always at least one adult around to keep an eye on it. Besides that you're better of scaring them so they might be kept alive after the operation so the species may live on, potentially even domestic should one take good enough care of it. Hell, take one home if you want.

Nemean Lion (A-rank)

Now here's where it gets dangerous, the first thing you'll notice in comparison to the cubs is the size of them. Both males and females ranging between 9 and 13 feet in height. As stated earlier where cubs tread these follow. They are very much protective of their newly gained territory and will stop at nothing to rip you apart, often opting to strike from behind. Given the very sturdy hides being the most notable aspect of the species they make for difficult adversaries. Their hide is very thick and impenetrable in almost every way, counting immunity to bladed weapons, fire and ice elemental magic. The best bet towards beating one being either actually beating them with brute force, blunt weaponry, movement impeding status effects and poison which needn't pierce their hides to deal great damage. Their attacks whether fang or claw will deal 1.25 points of damage per attack.

Nemean Alpha (L-rank)

This here's the big boss, standing at a gargantuan 33 feet waiting in the innermost depth of the port district of the city, having occupied the same storage as which the box was kept. It has abolute authority amongst its flock and gives off an overbearing presence much like that of a lord, being fully aware of just how great it is. Possessing steely eyes with a certain hint of wisdom beyond that which a mere beast might ever hope to gain. It will greet you lying down and slowly rise up as your arrival forebodes the trail of its kins blood left behind you. Given its enormous size you'd think it would have a proble mmoving about in a closed enviroment such as a storage and you'd be wrong. The beast moves about and through walls, shelves and various merchandise as if it doesn't even face it in the slightest. It's hide is much thicker than its lesser brethren and makes for a truly superior armor. It possess about the same weakness as the rest of it's kind but will granted be much harder to fell. Dealing 4 damage straightwhilst being somewhat sluggish given it's large body. It may call upon assistance by roaring to have one or two lesser lion assist it in battle.

??? (?-Rank)

Where did the crate come from? How come beings long thought lost now walk among us? Is it coincidence? Was this planned? The closest thing you'll get to a clue being the mysterious figure which gently strokes the Alpha's muzzle as you enter, only to dissapear as out of thin air as you attempt to approach them. While there's no actual conflict to be had for this encounter he should just as well be considered an enemy until proven otherwise.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:54 pm