Fairy Tail: Expanding Horizons

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics

» Under Construction 8.6.22
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 06, 2022 1:53 pm by Silver Wolf

» erzila Packs w.i.p
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 31, 2017 4:53 pm by erzlia packs

» Always be wary of being Watched
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 1:17 pm by Ami~

» Kaido Kannagi (WIP)
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 6:12 pm by Kaido Kannagi

» test
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:39 pm by Kaido Kannagi

» The Official Face Claim List
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 02, 2017 5:35 pm by Kaido Kannagi

» The Watcher (WIP)
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 8:47 am by TheWatcher

» The bard appears from the shadows.
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2017 10:42 am by Jinn Garay

» Skrím Ungur
Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 18, 2017 6:15 am by Skrím Ungur

The Owner
Silver Wolf

Administrators
AmiiKitty PrydeRoland Gates

Moderators
Tatsumi YamatoZerina Zayne

Feel Free to Join!

Guests : 0
Hidden : 0
Users Online :
Refresh View the whole list

Community fanfiction project: Phase 2

Tracey Harper

Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Community fanfiction project: Phase 2

Post by Tracey Harper Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:21 pm

I like the idea of song magic and the idea of love and pink, I get a very Aphrodite vibe from the description given of her. Perhaps this could help in figuring out the type of songs and magical power, magic can come from emotion and as from what i see the idea of Love is strongly imbedded in her character design, The voice of love is incredibly powerful so song magic definatly seems to fit her more than picture magic. Reading this in my mind i get that she would be more of a buff and status effect mage not a direct combatant who uses her songs to motivate and amplify her allies powers while being able to paralyse and lull enemies to sleep, even caus confusion or infatuation to halt them from assaulting her.

I also think with Amanda being a core factor, her powers could be directly affected by Amanda on a larger scale than others, while also having an assault attack that can become present if Amanda were ever harmed, theres a dark version of love, one were those whom are so infatuated, so in love with her voice that after hearing such a melodic screech of heartbreak that they take thier own lives in utter shame for hurting the Songstress of Love.

I know iv used love a lot but this character just reminds me of the goddess so much, a fear of hers could be one that many would never expect form someone so cheerful, from someone whom loves love, but what about fear of never finding love herself, yes she has the cat but the true love of another, what if she were to never find it herself, it would indeed be a devastating and sad thing.

Being raised by a guild and seeing that guild fall in to chaos enough to change her persona to keep everyones spirits up, then obviously thats a fear in itself, fearing the heartbreak of the guilds descent in to chaos and devastation once more. I see this character focusing on more the problem of others rather than herself so im hoping these fears represent that.

Claire Anderson

Community fanfiction project: Phase 2 - Page 2 Empty Re: Community fanfiction project: Phase 2

Post by Claire Anderson Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:34 am

Tracey Harper wrote:I like the idea of song magic and the idea of love and pink, I get a very Aphrodite vibe from the description given of her. Perhaps this could help in figuring out the type of songs and magical power, magic can come from emotion and as from what i see the idea of Love is strongly imbedded in her character design, The voice of love is incredibly powerful so song magic definatly seems to fit her more than picture magic. Reading this in my mind i get that she would be more of a buff and status effect mage not a direct combatant who uses her songs to motivate and amplify her allies powers while being able to paralyse and lull enemies to sleep, even caus confusion or infatuation to halt them from assaulting her.

I also think with Amanda being a core factor, her powers could be directly affected by  Amanda on a larger scale than others, while also having an assault attack that can become present if Amanda were ever harmed, theres a dark version of love, one were those whom are so infatuated, so in love with her voice that after hearing such a melodic screech of heartbreak that they take thier own lives in utter shame for hurting the Songstress of Love.

I know iv used love a lot but this character just reminds me of the goddess so much, a fear of hers could be one that many would never expect form someone so cheerful, from someone whom loves love, but what about fear of never finding love herself, yes she has the cat but the true love of another, what if she were to never find it herself, it would indeed be a devastating and sad thing.

Being raised by a guild and seeing that guild fall in to chaos enough to change her persona to keep everyones spirits up, then obviously thats a fear in itself, fearing the heartbreak of the guilds descent in to chaos and devastation once more. I see this character focusing on more the problem of others rather than herself so im hoping these fears represent that.

These are all fantastic ideas that I will certainly keep in mind. I particularly like the idea of her promoting love for others, but being afraid of the possibility that she might not find love for herself.

Only problem is that you made a good argument in favor of Song Magic, which balances out Joe's earlier argument in favor of Pict Magic... So yeah, as far as her personality and characterization goes I think we are good, but I will leave this here a bit longer, to see if someone can make a decisive argument in favor of either magic.
    Claire Anderson

Post by Claire Anderson Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:30 am

Ok, I sincerely apologize for leaving this topic to stagnate for the past two week, but I have been so terribly busy with uni, I barely had any time left to eat and sleep, let alone work on this project. Truth be told, making this fanfiction coexist with my other projects and with real life issues is becoming harder and harder by the day, so yeah, I need your support and your feedback more than ever guys: knowing that there are people interested in this is what keeps me going, and as things stand, I will need all the help I can get, even with minor details. So yeah, if you have any suggestions, ideas, questions, or whatever else, please do not hesitate to post.

The topic at hand is still cute little Beryl, although, with the latest feedback from Tracey, Joe and the others, her personality, backstory and motivations are more or less defined. As far as the magic goes, I ultimately decided to go with Song Magic, because I came up with an idea for another character who would use Sound Magic (think of Cobra in KotSH)... And well, the idea is that she would have to fight this new character in an uphill battle, where he would turn her songs against her. This idea alone, which makes for some good drama, is worth picking Song Magic over Pict Magic IMO, although if you disagree, feel free to state so.

So yeah, I have edited the post with Beryl info, updating everything with the latest feedback in mind. Tonight or tomorrow I will proceed to post a new character, but in the meantime, please do post your feedback and ideas on everything we have done this far. I might have been busy lately, but this project means a lot to me, and I have no intention of leaving it to die. And I am sure that, with just a bit more support, we can turn it into a fun experience we can all enjoy together :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 1:09 pm